Parent Teacher Organization/Friends
PTO/Friends of Northgate
Subscribe to PTO Newsletters
PTO sends out a newsletter to communicate about school, event, news updates for all people interested in knowing what the PTO is working on. Subscribe to PTO Newsletters. You can unsubscribe at any time and we never share or sell your information to third parties. All community members are welcome to receive the PTO updates: parents, teachers, staff, neighbors, business owners and all community Friends of Northgate.
View Past PTO Newsletters
View past PTO Newsletters on our archive site.
Northgate PTO Monthly Meetings
Northgate PTO gathers once a month. All parents, grandparents, community members, teachers, staff and neighbors are welcome.
2020-21 School Year (2nd Tuesday of the month, except April because of Spring Break). Please subscribe to the newsletter to get details of Zoom online meeting.
- September 10th – 6:30pm , PTO meeting online via zoom. You may also call in.
- October 13th – 6pm
- November 10th – 6pm
- December 8th – 6pm
- January 12th – 6pm
- February 9th – 6pm
- March 9th – 6pm
- April 20th – 6pm (3rd Tuesday due to Spring Break)
- May 11th – 6pm
- June 15th – 6pm
Friends of Northgate
Friends of Northgate is an arm of the community that works closely with Northgate Elementary PTO that wants to see public schools thrive. We love all public schools, but we also understand that we live in a distinct location with specific needs. Therefore, we are particularly focused on supporting the needs of Northgate Elementary School. It is our hope and goal that Northgate Elementary would not only have the funding that it needs, but that it would also have the community support. We know that through community support and partnership, we will be able to offer the best future for the whole city. So join us. Join us through funding or through volunteering. Join us through sharing your story and through sharing your hopes for the city. Join us in discovering how one community member can make a world of difference.
To donate online, please go to the Northgate PTO Website where you can donate with Debit Card, Credit Card or Paypal.
Direct donations go toward many things:
- Scholarships for 5th grade camp
- Teacher grants for classroom teachers, library, physical education and art
- Sponsorship for some school assemblies
- Teacher appreciation week
- Sponsorship for school events
- Purchase what is needed for students in need (eye glasses, coats, shoes, groceries, etc.)
- Additional office support/human resources
- Scholarships for school t-shirts
- Yearbook support, etc.
You can mail donations directly to our school, checks payable to: Northgate Elementary PTO and mail to:
11725 1st Ave NE
Seattle, WA 98125
Please join us on one of our committees. If you want to be involved in one of the committees, please email Northgate Elementary at NorthgatePTO@gmail.com Many hands make light work.
- Teacher Appreciation Committee – helps show our teachers we love them!
- Communication Committee – facilitates communication between parents, between staff and parents and between Northgate elementary and the community.
- Newsletter (Open!! – easy to do from home.)
- Website/Social Media
- Videographer – Create videos of events, fun stuff, etc. to post on the PTO YouTube Channel (Open!)
- T-Shirt/Spiritwear Committee: Coordinates t-shirt sales. (Open!)
- Events Committee – helps coordinate the fun events Northgate Elementary has for its students. Some of the traditional events are listed here but may be cancelled or different due to Covid-19.
- Social Committee – creates engaging community events for parents/students.
- Fund Raising Committee – works on various projects to raise funds to support Northgate Elementary.
- Fall Giving Campaign (Open!)
- Dining for Dollars (Open!)
- Brown Bear Car Wash Ticket sales (Open!)
- Yearbook Committee –coordinates with the printer and after school program to create/distribute the yearbook (OPEN!)
- Room Parent – helps coordinate communication with parents in each classroom (OPEN for each classroom!).
- Office Help – helps make and distribute flyers, and any other “office” work that is needed
- PTO Leadership Committee – Secretary, Treasurer, President. (Recruiting for next year)
THANK YOU to all of the fabulous parents, teachers, and community members who are consistently meeting, planning and working together to grow the PTO and the great work that has and will be done.
Northgate Elementary PTO Board (2020-21 School Year)
President/Co-President, Krisanne Heinze & Linda Sinni
Secretary/Co-Secretary, Lisa Schafer & Meg Hosch-Schmitt
Treasurer/Co-Treasurer, Paul Vincent & Danielle Ehle
Northgate Elementary PTO is recognized by the IRS as a tax exempt non-profit organization. Our Tax ID is 81-2942021.
To reach the PTO, please email your message to NorthgatePTO@gmail.com.