Northgate Elementary School
- Teachers use proven, effective practices in their classrooms every day.
- Northgate focuses on efforts to build a strong community of learners through Eagle Pride, assemblies, student incentives, and positive behavior/anti-bullying initiatives.
- Our focus on reading includes an uninterrupted 90 minute literacy block daily.
- A technology center library, classroom computers, laptop carts and interactive white boards improve academic achievement.
- Multicultural events throughout the year celebrate our status as one of most diverse schools in the city (20 languages spoken)
Before/After School Activities
- Boys & Girls Club offers on-site, tuition-based before or after-school care.
- Seattle Urban Squash program for grades 3 – 5
- Northgate READS/COUNTS afterschool program for grades 2 – 3
- Teacher training through ongoing professional development
- Strong focus on developing teachers’ skills through professional learning communities
- On-site Instructional Assistants
- Family support worker, counselor, psychologist, OT/PT, speech therapy
- Head Start
- Bilingual Orientation Center
- Self-contained special education programs
- Tutor/Mentoring volunteer programs
Significant Changes at the School
- Ongoing grant applications for promising practices and increased learning.
Northgate Elementary is a community of students, families, and staff that:
- Provides a welcoming environment that is safe, respectful, positive, and focused on academic achievement.
- Embraces respect for all cultures and strives to build relationships where all children succeed.
- Implements a rigorous, integrated curriculum where all students are challenged and supported.
The Northgate community is a team of parents, staff and students determined to challenge students to be all that they can be in a positive, nurturing learning environment. We strive to give our students the tools they will need to become intelligent, thoughtful, and compassionate citizens of the world. With high expectations and a clear vision with everyone working together, we as a community will make success a reality.
11725 1st Ave NE
Seattle, WA 98125
Main Office: 206-252-4180
Principal: Dedy Fauntleroy
School Secretary: Nicole Sud
- Head Start: 206-252-4209
- Boys & Girls Club: 206-478-5012